(North Grammar School)
Built 1910-11; Mission Revival style
955 E. Pleasant St; public school
Ventura County Historical Landmark #111
Completed by January 1911, the school remains Santa Paula’s oldest educational facility. It was named in honor of Mrs. C.H. McKevett who donated the land. Designed by the Los Angeles firm of Withey & Davis, the style is Mission Revival. Theodore Payne supervised the original landscaping with his selections of native plants.
-Courtesy Santa Paula Historical Society