Click picture to enlarge

Close window

Santa Paula Theater Center (Ebell Club)

Built 1917; Craftsman style
125 S. 7th St; active theater
National Register of Historic Places #89000949
Ventura County Historical Landmark #76

 

Completed in 1917, the land and the building was given to the ladies of the Ebell Club by Alice Stowell McKevett in honor of her husband, Charles. Today it is the home of the Santa Paula Theater Center, which presents live theater year-round. The building was designed in the shingle craftsman style by the Los Angeles firm of Hunt & Burns.

-Courtesy Santa Paula Historical Society