Click picture to enlarge
Teague (Charles Collins) House
This house was built circa 1903 as the family home of Charles Collins Teague. Mr. Teague had become manager of the fledgling Limoneira Company in 1898. Under his progressive and innovative supervision for the next fifty years, the company emerged as a leader in the industry and grew to be one of the largest citrus ranches in the world. He married Harriet, daughter of C.H. Mckevett, and the couple had three children. In addition to Mr. Teague’s long association with the Limoneira Company, he was also a leader of civic improvements, a promoter of agriculture and a respected member of numerous local, state and national boards and advisory commissions. The style is Colonial Revival and was a design of the architectural firm of Green & Green from Pasadena.
-Courtesy Santa Paula Historical Society